Occupational Therapist Salary In Savannah – Occupational therapists Savannah are highly skilled specialists who help people of all ages to live even more independent and productive lives. As the need for occupational therapy solutions remains to expand, so does the wage of those in the area. According to the Agency of Labor Statistics, the average annual wage for occupational therapists was $84,270 in 2019.
Occupational therapists can earn higher salaries depending on their experience, location, and the type of setting they work in. Those who work in hospitals, long–term care facilities, and other medical settings typically earn more than those who work in schools or privately–owned clinics. Professionals who specialize in certain areas, such as geriatrics or pediatrics, may also earn higher salaries.
In addition to their base salary, occupational therapists may receive incentives such as sign–on incentives or relocation assistance. They may also receive tuition assistance or professional development opportunities.
The job outlook for occupational therapists is great, with the Bureau of Labor Statistics predicting an eighteen percent growth in employment from 2019 to 2029. This growth is due in part to an aging population and an increased demand for occupational therapy services.
Occupational therapists Savannah play an important role in helping people of all generations to lead more autonomous and productive lives. With a powerful job outlook and aggressive salaries, occupational therapy is an attractive career choice for those looking to have an impact in the lives of others.
How Much Does an Occupational Therapist in Savannah Make?
The median salary of Occupational Therapists in 2021 was $$61,200 per year.
In 2021, Occupational Therapists earned a median salary of $85,570. The top–earning 25% of professionals in this field brought in $100,490, while the bottom–earning 25% made $75,710.
How to become an Occupational Therapist
Are you interested in a career as an occupational therapist? Occupational therapy is a great choice for those who want to work in the medical field and make a difference in the lives of others. It can be a challenging but rewarding job. Here are some tips on how to become an occupational therapist:
- Earn a Bachelor’s Degree: The first step towards becoming an occupational therapist is to earn a bachelor’s degree in a related field. Psych Advertisement
- Once you have earned a bachelor‘s degree, you will need to complete an accredited master‘s program to become a certified occupational therapist. There are programs readily available and it is possible to find a single that greatest fits ones vocation dreams and interests and hobbies.
- The NBCOT exam is the final step in becoming an occupational therapist. It is a rigorous exam that tests your knowledge and skills in the field of occupational therapy. You must score at least a 600 out of 900 to pass the exam.
- After you have passed your NBCOT exam, it is also important to obtain a license from the state you wish to practice in you wish to work in. Each jurisdiction has unique requirements, so it is important to explore this in advance.
- Pursue Continuing Education: As regarding any job, it is important to remain up to date on the latest patterns and techniques in the field of professional therapy. Pursuing continuing education courses is a great way to ensure that you are providing the best quality of care to your patients.
Becoming an occupational therapist is a rewarding career path and one that is in high demand. By following these ideas, you can start your way to becoming a effective occupational therapist. It is important to research the demands for occupational therapy programs in your area, as well as the numerous career paths available. You should also take into consideration specializing in a certain area, such as pediatrics or geriatrics, to boost your opportunities of getting hired. Additionally, it is a good idea to acquire expertise in the field by volunteering or interning with a local hospital or clinic. Finally, make sure you maintain your education and learning up to date by taking continuing education courses and staying current with the newest trends in the field.