Occupational Therapist Salary In Salem – Occupational therapists Salem are highly skilled specialists who assist people of all ages to live even more independent and effective lives. As the need for occupational therapy solutions remains to grow, so does the wage of those in the area. According to the Agency of Labor Statistics, the average annual wage for occupational therapists was $84,270 in 2019.
Occupational therapists can earn higher salaries depending on their experience, location, and the type of setting they work in. Those working in hospitals, nursing homes, and other medical settings typically earn more than those who work in educational institutions or privately–owned clinics. Those who specialize in certain areas, such as geriatrics or pediatrics, may also earn higher salaries.
In addition to their base salary, occupational therapists may receive bonuses such as sign–on incentives or relocation support. They may also receive tuition reimbursement or professional development opportunities.
The job outlook for occupational therapists is strong, with the BLS predicting an 18% growth in employment from 2019 to 2029. This growth is partially to an aging population and an increased demand for occupational
Occupational therapists Salem are vital in helping people of all generations to lead more autonomous and effective lives. With a strong job outlook and competitive salaries, occupational therapy is an attractive career choice for those looking to make a difference in the lives of others.
How Much Does an Occupational Therapist in Salem Make?
How much do Occupational Therapists earn in 2021? was $$61,200.
In 2021, Occupational Therapists earned a median salary of $85,570. The top–earning 25% of professionals in this field brought in $100,490, while the bottom–earning 25% made $75,710.
How to become an Occupational Therapist
Are you interested in a career as an occupational therapist? Occupational therapy is a great choice for those who want to work in the medical field and make a difference in the lives of others. It can be a challenging but rewarding job. Here are some tips on how to become an occupational therapist:
- Earn a Bachelor’s Degree: The first step towards becoming an occupational therapist is to earn a bachelor’s degree in a related field. A few popular options include psychology, health sciences, or physical therapy. Make sure to choose a program that is accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA).
- Once you have earned a bachelor‘s degree, you will need to complete an accredited master‘s program to become a certified occupational therapist. Many outstanding courses offered and you are able to find just one that finest satisfies ones career goals and interests and pursuits.
- The NBCOT exam is the final step in becoming an occupational therapist. The Occupational Therapy Exam is a challenging test that assesses your expertise in the field of occupational therapy. You must score at least a 600 out of 900 to pass the exam.
- Once you have passed your NBCOT exam, it is also important to obtain a license from the state you wish to practice in. Each state has different requirements, so it is important to explore this beforehand.
- Pursue Continuing Education: As regarding any job, it is vital to remain up to date on the latest trends and techniques in the industry of occupational therapy. Pursuing continuing education courses is a great way to ensure that you are providing the best quality of care to your patients.
Becoming an occupational therapist is a rewarding career path and one that is in great demand. By following these ideas, you can start your way to becoming a successful occupational therapist. It is important to investigate the requirements for occupational therapy programs in your area, along with the different career paths available. You should also consider specializing in a certain area, such as pediatrics or geriatrics, to increase your chances of getting hired. Additionally, it is a good idea to obtain experience in the field by volunteering or interning with a local hospital or clinic. Finally, make sure you maintain your education and learning up to date by taking continuing education courses and staying current with the most recent trends in the field.