Occupational Therapist Salary In Philadelphia – Occupational therapists Philadelphia are proficient professionals who help people of all ages to live a more independent and effective lives. As the need for occupational therapy services remains to grow, so does the salary of those in the area. According to the Agency of Labor Statistics, the average annual wage for occupational therapists was $84,270 in 2019.
Occupational therapists can earn higher salaries depending on their experience, location, and the type of setting they work in. Those working in hospitals, long–term care facilities, and other medical settings typically command better salaries than those who work in educational institutions or private practices. Those who specialize in certain areas, such as elderly care or children‘s health, may also command higher wages.
In addition to their base salary, occupational therapists may receive additional compensation such as sign–on incentives or relocation support. They may also receive tuition assistance or professional development opportunities.
The job outlook for occupational therapists is strong, with the BLS predicting an 18% growth in employment from 2019 to 2029. This growth is partially to an aging population and an increased demand for occupational therapy services.
Occupational therapists Philadelphia are vital in helping people of all generations to lead more independent and effective lives. With a strong job outlook and competitive salaries, occupational therapy is an appealing career choice for those looking to have an impact in the lives of others.
How Much Does an Occupational Therapist in Philadelphia Make?
Median salary of Occupational Therapists in 2021 was $$61,200 per year.
In 2021, Occupational Therapists earned a median salary of $85,570. The top–earning 25% of professionals in this field brought in $100,490, while the bottom–earning 25% made $75,710.
How to become an Occupational Therapist
Are you considering a career in occupational therapy? Occupational therapy is a great choice for those who want to work in the medical field and make a difference in the lives of others. It can be a challenging but rewarding job. Here are some tips on how to become an occupational therapist:
- Earn a Bachelor’s Degree: The first step towards becom ing an occupational therapist is to earn a bachelor’s degree in a related field. Psych Advertisement
- Once you have earned a bachelor‘s degree, you will need to complete an approved master‘s program to become a certified occupational therapist. Many great courses available and it is possible to discover one that greatest matches the vocation dreams and interests.
- The NBCOT exam is the final step in becoming an occupational therapist. The Occupational Therapy Exam is a challenging test that assesses your expertise in the field of occupational therapy. You must score at least a 600 out of 900 to pass the exam.
- After you have passed your NBCOT exam, it is also important to obtain a license from the state you wish to practice in you wish to work in. Each jurisdiction has different requirements, so it is important to research this beforehand.
- Pursue Continuing Education: As with any career, it is essential to stay up to day on the most recent trends and techniques in the industry of professional therapy. Pursuing continuing education courses is a great way to ensure that you are providing the best quality of care to your patients.
Becoming an occupational therapist is a rewarding career path and one that is in great demand. By following these ideas, you can start your way to becoming a effective occupational therapist. It is important to look into the requirements for occupational therapy programs of study in your area, as well as the numerous career paths available. You should also think about specializing in a certain area, such as pediatrics or geriatrics, to increase your chances of getting hired. Additionally, it is a good idea to attain experience in the field by volunteering or interning with a local hospital or clinic. Finally, make sure you maintain your education up to date by taking continuing education courses and staying present with the latest trends in the field.