Occupational Therapist Salary In Oklahoma City – Occupational therapists Oklahoma City are highly skilled professionals who assist people of all ages to live a even more independent and effective lives. As the need for occupational therapy solutions remains to grow, so does the salary of those in the field. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average annual wage for occupational therapists was $84,270 in 2019.
Occupational therapists can earn higher salaries depending on their experience, location, and the type of setting they work in. Those working in hospitals, long–term care facilities, and other medical settings typically command better salaries than those who work in schools or private practices. Those who specialize in certain areas, such as elderly care or pediatrics, may also command higher wages.
In addition to their base salary, occupational therapists may receive incentives such as sign–on bonuses or relocation assistance. They may also receive tuition reimbursement or professional development opps.
The job outlook for occupational therapists is great, with the Bureau of Labor Statistics predicting an 18% growth in employment from 2019 to 2029. This growth is due in part to an aging population and an increased demand for occupational therapy services.
Occupational therapists Oklahoma City are vital in helping people of all generations to lead more autonomous and productive lives. With a powerful job outlook and competitive salaries, occupational therapy is an appealing career choice for those looking to make a difference in the lives of others.
How Much Does an Occupational Therapist in Oklahoma City Make?
Median salary of Occupational Therapists in 2021 was $$61,200 per year.
In 2021, Occupational Therapists earned a median salary of $85,570. The top–earning 25% of professionals in this field brought in $100,490, while the bottom–earning 25% made $75,710.
How to become an Occupational Therapist
Are you interested in a career as an occupational
- Get a Bachelor’s Degree: The first step towards becoming an occupational therapist is to earn a bachelor’s degree in a related field. Psychology, health sciences, or physical therapy are all popular options for those interested in occupational therapy. Make sure to choose a program that is accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) to ensure the best education and career opportunities.
- Once you have earned a bachelor‘s degree, you will need to complete an approved master‘s program to become a certified occupational therapist. Many terrific programmes readily available and you can find a single that very best matches ones profession ambitions and interest rates.
- The NBCOT exam is the final step in becoming an occupational therapist. It is a rigorous exam that tests your knowledge and skills in the field of occupational therapy. You must score at least a 600 out of 900 to pass the exam.
- Once you have passed your NBCOT exam, it is also important to obtain a license from the state you wish to work in. Each state has unique requirements, so it is important to explore this beforehand.
- Pursue Continuing Education: As with any profession, it is important to stay up to day on the most recent fads and strategies in the industry of occupational therapy. Pursuing continuing education courses is a great way to ensure that you are providing the best quality of care to your patients.
Becoming an occupational therapist is a rewarding career path and one that is in high need. By following these tips, you can be on your way to becoming a successful occupational therapist. It is important to look into the demands for occupational therapy programs in your area, along with the numerous career paths available. You should also think about focusing in a certain area, such as pediatrics or geriatrics, to boost your possibilities of getting hired. Additionally, it is a good idea to attain expertise in the field by volunteering or interning with a local hospital or clinic. Finally, make sure you preserve your education up to date by taking continuing education courses and staying current with the newest trends in the field.