Occupational Therapist Salary In Memphis – Occupational therapists Memphis are highly skilled professionals who help people of all ages to live a even more independent and productive lives. As the need for occupational therapy services continues to expand, so does the salary of those in the field. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median yearly wage for occupational therapists was $84,270 in 2019.
Occupational therapists can earn higher salaries depending on their experience, location, and the type of setting they work in. Those working in hospitals, long–term care facilities, and other medical settings typically earn more than those who work in educational institutions or private practices. Professionals who specialize in certain areas, such as elderly care or children‘s health, may also command higher wages.
In addition to their base salary, occupational therapists may receive additional compensation such as sign–on bonuses or relocation support. They may also receive tuition assistance or professional development opps.
The job outlook for occupational therapists is great, with the Bureau of Labor Statistics predicting an 18% growth in employment from 2019 to 2029. This growth is due in part to an aging population and an increased demand for occupational therapy services.
Occupational therapists Memphis are vital in aiding individuals of all ages to lead more autonomous and productive lives. With a strong job outlook and aggressive salaries, occupational therapy is an attractive career choice for those looking to make a difference in the lives of others.
How Much Does an Occupational Therapist in Memphis Make?
What is the median salary for Occupational Therapists in 2021? was $$61,200 per year.
In 2021, Occupational Therapists earned a median salary of $85,570. The top–earning 25% of professionals in this field brought in $100,490, while the bottom–earning 25% made $75,710.
How to become an Occupational Therapist
Are you considering a career in occupational therapy? Occupational therapy is a great choice for those who want to work in the medical field and make a difference in the lives of others. It can be a challenging but rewarding job. Here are some tips on how to become an occupational therap ist
- Get a Bachelor’s Degree: The first step towards becoming an occupational therapist is to earn a bachelor’s degree in a related field. Psychology, health sciences, or physical therapy are all popular options for those interested in occupational therapy. Make sure to choose a program that is accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) to ensure the best education and career opportunities.
- Once you have earned a bachelor‘s degree, you will need to complete an approved master‘s program to become a certified occupational therapist. Many outstanding courses readily accessible and it is possible to discover one that greatest fits the vocation dreams and passions.
- The NBCOT exam is the final step in becoming an occupational therapist. The Occupational Therapy Exam is a challenging test that assesses your expertise in the field of occupational therapy. You must score at least a 600 out of 900 to pass the exam.
- After you have passed your NBCOT exam, it is also important to obtain a license from the state you wish to practice in. Each jurisdiction has unique requirements, so it is important to research this beforehand.
- Pursue Continuing Education: As regarding any profession, it is essential to stay up to date on the newest trends and methods in the industry of occupational therapy. Pursuing continuing education courses is a great way to ensure that you are providing the best quality of care to your patients.
Becoming an occupational therapist is a rewarding career path and one that is in great demand. By following these suggestions, you can be on your way to becoming a successful occupational therapist. It is important to research the requirements for occupational therapy programs of study in your area, in addition to the different career paths available. You should also think about specializing in a certain area, such as pediatrics or geriatrics, to increase your possibilities of getting hired. Additionally, it is a good idea to attain expertise in the field by volunteering or interning with a local hospital or clinic. Finally, make sure you keep your education and learning up to date by taking continuing education courses and staying current with the most recent trends in the field.