Occupational Therapist Salary In McAllen – Occupational therapists McAllen are highly skilled specialists who help people of all ages to live more independent and productive lives. As the need for occupational therapy services remains to grow, so does the wage of those in the area. According to the Agency of Labor Statistics, the average yearly wage for occupational therapists was $84,270 in 2019.
Occupational therapists can earn higher salaries depending on their experience, location, and the type of setting they work in. Those who work in hospitals, long–term care facilities, and other healthcare facilities typically earn more than those who work in schools or privately–owned clinics. Those who specialize in certain areas, such as elderly care or children‘s health, may also command higher wages.
In addition to their base salary, occupational therapists may receive bonuses such as sign–on incentives or relocation assistance. They may also receive tuition assistance or professional development opportunities.
The job outlook for occupational therapists is great, with the Bureau of Labor Statistics predicting an eighteen percent growth in employment from 2019 to 2029. This growth is partially to an aging population and an increased demand for occupational therapy services.
Occupational therapists McAllen are vital in aiding individuals of all generations to lead more independent and effective lives. With a strong job outlook and competitive salaries, occupational therapy is an appealing career choice for those looking to have an impact in the lives of others.
How Much Does an Occupational Therapist in McAllen Make?
How much do Occupational Therapists earn in 2021? was $sixty–one thousand two hundred dollars.
In 2021, Occupational Therapists earned a median salary of $85,570. The top–earning 25% of professionals in this field brought in $100,490, while the bottom–earning 25% made $75,710.
How to become an Occupational Therapist
Are you considering a career in occupational therapy? Occupational therapy is a great choice for those who want to work in the medical field and make a difference in the lives of others. It can be a challenging but rewarding job. Here are some tips on how to become an occupational therapist:
- Earn a Bachelor’s Degree: The first step towards becoming an occupational therapist is to earn a bachelor’s degree in a related field. A few popular options include psychology, health sciences, or physical therapy. Make sure to choose a program that is accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA).
- Once you have earned a bachelor‘s degree, you will need to complete an accredited master‘s program to become a certified occupational therapist. Many terrific applications offered and you are able to obtain one that finest matches ones occupation dreams and interests and pursuits.
- The NBCOT exam is the final step in becoming an occupational therapist. The Occupational Therapy Exam is a challenging test that assesses your expertise in the field of occupational therapy. You must score at least a 600 out of 900 to pass the exam.
- Once you have passed your NBCOT exam, it is also important to obtain a license from the state you wish to practice in you wish to practice in. Each state has different requirements, so it is important to research this in advance.
- Pursue Continuing Education: As with any job, it is important to stay up to date on the newest fads and strategies in the area of professional therapy. Pursuing continuing education courses is a great way to ensure that you are providing the best quality of care to your patients.
Becoming an occupational therapist is a rewarding career path and one that is in great demand. By adhering to these tips, you can be on your way to becoming a successful occupational therapist. It is important to look into the requirements for occupational therapy programs of study in your area, in addition to the numerous career paths available. You should also take into consideration focusing in a certain area, such as pediatrics or geriatrics, to boost your opportunities of getting hired. Additionally, it is a good idea to attain experience in the field by volunteering or interning with a local hospital or clinic. Finally, make sure you preserve your education up to date by taking continuing education courses and staying up to date with the latest trends in the field.