Occupational Therapist Salary In Fresno – Occupational therapists Fresno are highly skilled specialists who assist people of all ages to live a even more independent and productive lives. As the need for occupational therapy solutions remains to expand, so does the wage of those in the area. According to the Agency of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for occupational therapists was $84,270 in 2019.
Occupational therapists can earn higher salaries depending on their experience, location, and the type of setting they work in. Those who work in hospitals, nursing homes, and other healthcare facilities typically command better salaries than those who work in schools or privately–owned clinics. Those who specialize in certain areas, such as elderly care or pediatrics, may also command higher wages.
In addition to their base salary, occupational therapists may receive additional compensation such as sign–on incentives or relocation assistance. They may also receive tuition assistance or professional development opps.
The job outlook for occupational therapists
Occupational therapists Fresno are vital in aiding individuals of all generations to lead more autonomous and effective lives. With a strong job outlook and competitive salaries, occupational therapy is an attractive career choice for those looking to make a difference in the lives of others.
How Much Does an Occupational Therapist in Fresno Make?
What is the median salary for Occupational Therapists in 2021? was $sixty–one thousand two hundred dollars.
In 2021, Occupational Therapists earned a median salary of $85,570. The top–earning 25% of professionals in this field brought in $100,490, while the bottom–earning 25% made $75,710.
How to become an Occupational Therapist
Are you interested in a career as an occupational therapist? Occupational therapy is a great choice for those who want to work in the medical field and make a difference in the lives of others. It can be a challenging but rewarding job. Here are some tips on how to become an occupational therapist:
- Get a Bachelor’s Degree: The first step towards becoming an occupational therapist is to earn a bachelor’s degree in a related field. Psychology, health sciences, or physical therapy are all popular options for those interested in occupational therapy. Make sure to choose a program that is accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) to ensure the best education and career opportunities.
- Once you have earned a bachelor‘s degree, you will need to complete an accredited master‘s program to become a certified occupational therapist. There are courses readily accessible and you may uncover 1 that greatest fits in the job goals and interest rates.
- The NBCOT exam is the final step in becoming an occupational therapist. Occupational Therapy Exam is a difficult test that evaluates your knowledge and skills in the field of occupational therapy. You must score at least a 600 out of 900 to pass the exam.
- Once you have passed your NBCOT exam, it is also important to obtain a license from the state you wish to work in. Each state has different requirements, so it is important to explore this in advance.
- Pursue Continuing Education: As regarding any profession, it is crucial to remain up to date on the newest trends and techniques in the field of professional therapy. Pursuing continuing education courses is a great way to ensure that you are providing the best quality of care to your patients.
Becoming an occupational therapist is a rewarding career path and one that is in great demand. By adhering to these tips, you can be on your way to becoming a effective occupational therapist. It is important to research the demands for occupational therapy programs in your area, in addition to the numerous career paths available. You should also think about focusing in a certain area, such as pediatrics or geriatrics, to boost your chances of getting hired. Additionally, it is a good idea to obtain experience in the field by volunteering or interning with a local hospital or clinic. Finally, make sure you keep your education and learning up to date by taking continuing education courses and staying current with the newest trends in the field.