Occupational Therapist Salary In Boise – Occupational therapists Boise are highly skilled professionals who assist people of all ages to live even more independent and effective lives. As the need for occupational therapy solutions continues to expand, so does the salary of those in the field. According to the Agency of Labor Statistics, the median yearly wage for occupational therapists was $84,270 in 2019.
Occupational therapists can earn higher salaries depending on their experience, location, and the type of setting they work in. Those who work in hospitals, long–term care facilities, and other healthcare facilities typically earn more than those who work in schools or private practices. Those who specialize in certain areas, such as geriatrics or children‘s health, may also command higher wages.
In addition to their base salary, occupational therapists may receive bonuses such as sign–on incentives or relocation support. They may also receive tuition assistance or professional development opps.
The job outlook for occupational therapists is strong, with the BLS predicting an eighteen percent growth in employment from 2019 to 2029. This growth is due in part to an aging population and an increased demand for occupational therapy services.
Occupational therapists Boise play an important role in aiding individuals of all ages to guide more autonomous and productive lives. With a strong job outlook and competitive salaries, occupational therapy is an appealing career choice for those looking to make a difference in the lives of others.
How Much Does an Occupational Therapist in Boise Make?
What is the median salary for Occupational Therapists in 2021? was $$61,200 per year.
In 2021, Occupational Therapists earned a median salary of $85,570. The top–earning 25% of professionals in this field brought in $100,490, while the bottom–earning 25% made $75,710.
How to become an Occupational Therapist
Are you considering a career in occupational therapy? Occupational therapy is a great choice for those who want to work in the medical field and make a difference in the lives of others. It can be a challenging but rewarding job. Here are some tips on how to become an occupational therapist:
- Earn a Bachelor’s Degree: The first step towards becoming an occupational therapist is to earn a bachelor’s degree in a related field. Psych Advertisement
- Once you have earned a bachelor‘s degree, you will need to complete an approved master‘s program to become a certified occupational therapist. There are applications available and you may uncover just one that best matches the job dreams and passions.
- The NBCOT exam is the final step in becoming an occupational therapist. The Occupational Therapy Exam is a challenging test that assesses your expertise in the field of occupational therapy. You must obtain a minimum of 600 out of 900 to pass the exam.
- After you have passed your NBCOT exam, it is also important to obtain a license from the state you wish to practice in you wish to work in. Each state has distinct requirements, so it is important to investigate this in advance.
- Pursue Continuing Education: As regarding any profession, it is crucial to remain up to day on the latest patterns and strategies in the industry of occupational therapy. Pursuing continuing education courses is a great way to ensure that you are providing the best quality of care to your patients.
Becoming an occupational therapist is a rewarding career path and one that is in high need. By adhering to these suggestions, you can be on your way to becoming a effective occupational therapist. It is important to investigate the demands for occupational therapy programs of study in your area, as well as the various career paths available. You should also think about specializing in a certain area, such as pediatrics or geriatrics, to boost your opportunities of getting hired. Additionally, it is a good idea to acquire expertise in the field by volunteering or interning with a local hospital or clinic. Finally, make sure you maintain your education up to date by taking continuing education courses and staying current with the most recent trends in the field.